I. Remain healthy and in good shape no matter what
Sport is among the first thing people mention when we ask them about new year’s resolutions and it seems that 2017 is also about staying healthy… While some people travel to challenge themselves, some other use travel to practice and do some exercise… How about you ?
II. Question our own lifestyle
Because it’s New Year, it’s important to question our own custom and the things we take for granted… After the huge fest that I’m sure you had for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, use travel to discover other lifestyles…
8. Discover how people live in Banaue rice fields in the Philippines, where the only way to go there is by foot.
III. Jump in history
Witnesses of a cultural heritage or precursors of modern art, in town or in remote villages, those places are definitely worth a visit to remember/discover how life used to be...
11. Wake up at 3am to have a glance to the relic of Buddha's teeth in Sri Dalada Maligawa, Sri Lanka.
12. Defy the gargoyle and look for the Hunchback of Notre-Dame de Paris .
IV. Let you be guided by the rhythm
Dance and music are a universal language. How about making a trip to live up to the beat that you feel inside you?
14. Dance to the beat of the exciting batucadas and the Samba in any streets of Brazil.
16. Make your own djembé and learn how to play it in any West African country.
17. Attend to an international music festival such as TomorrowLand in Belgium.
V. Meet new people
Whether you’re traveling solo, with the love of your life or with friends, what really make a journey worthing it is when you meet incredible people…
VI. Be useful to the environment and to society
To travel is to adopt an open mindset, discover new cultures but also have a positive impact where you go to. 2017 has been called “Sustainable Tourism Year” as we say in the introduction so you should really consider one of those:
24. Team up with 3 other people, raise 1500€ and run the Oxfam TrailWalker in the country of your preference.
VII. Awake the adventurer sleeping inside you
What if 2017 was THE year to live your most passionate adventure ? Maybe something almost unsafe or just something that you’ll remember forever...
29. Fish piranhas next to wild and starving caïmans sauvages in the Pantanal, Brazil.
30. Defy the Road of Death to reach Cochabamba in Bolivia.
31. Try Ayahuasca (a drink made of lianas used by shamans) in an Amazonian tribe in the middle of the jungle.
VIII. Treat yourself and enhance your own well being
Travel may also be be about well-being and learning more about yourself. Is that part of your plans for 2017 ? Do you want to start fresh ?
33. Take your very first yoga class in the country where it’s born: amazing India. 34. Float in the Dead Sea and then cover yourself with mud to cure all your skins rashes in Jordania.
35. Test the chinese traditional medicine and reflexology.
IX. Taste new alcohols and discover new flavours
Gourmands, gourmets and foodies, this paragraph is just for you…
36. Savor an authentic Guinness on St Patrick’s Day in Ireland.
X. Make the most incredible pics
Far from the business of the cities, there are so many places to go to in order to take some fresh air and breath… It’s often the places where you’ll make breathtaking pictures…
44. Loose track of time in an unusual archipel lost in the Islas Marietas, Mexico. 45. Hike to go from one of the 5 villages to another in the UNESCO ranked “Cinque Terres” in Italia
Because there is nothing better than getting out of the beaten paths, here are some ideas just for you…
47. Learn how to do Batik and understand how important this tradition is for Indonesians in Java.
49. Literally be in between two tectonic plates (and underwater) along Silfra Rift in Island.
READY FOR YOUR ADVENTURE, BOOK YOUR ACTIVITIES WITH A LOCAL INSIDER.