1. Freedom. Maybe the most important out of all the ones we’re going to mention. Yo can go wherever you want, do whatever you please and no one will say a single word. With a van in your hands, the world is yours.
Source: Robson Hatsukami Morgan
2. Travelling with your house on your back will provide you more comfort than any other means of transport. No rushes: that’s all that matters is enjoying amazing views and moments with your loved ones.
3. The BEST awaken possible. You can choose where you’re going to wake up and therefore, which views you’ll see first in the morning. An actual privilege.
4. When you get to a random place to spend the night, who knows what beautiful sunrises or landscapes will be awaiting in the morning? Surprising unexpected views are everything.
5. And at night? The van allows you get lost in an isolated place to enjoy the SKY. Just stare at the stars and be grateful for having those thousand little lanterns all for you.
6. You get to know a lot more about your inner self. You have the time to think, spending a lot of days alone (or at least with few people), so you’ll find yourself in situations you’re not familiar with. Try to make the most out of these moments: learn how to face fear and be a happier person no matter what.
7. If you’re smart and know how to organise, the van will have all the space in the world: learn how to pack and keep all your clothes and food, so there will be no need to carry heavy suitcases all around.
8. Having breakfast, lunch or dinner- with your favorite food- in the beach, in some lost woods or in a village with no TV noise or listening to your neighbors yelling. Just silence- if that’s what you’re going for-.
9. Speaking of food, imagine what it must be like to grab all natural ingredients: fruits of the forest, chestnuts, mushrooms or even buy local products in lost villages to make your own delicious meals everyday.
10. If you have a family, the convenience of being able to stop every time you want to eat, rest or spend some quality time outdoors, is one of the best reasons to get in your van and let go.
Source: Road Trip Oregon
11. If you solo travel, a van will allow you to go at your own pace: no hurries from anyone, your own music and rules. The van is your independent republic.
12. Whether you’re a big family (or not), a group of friends or a couple, you can’t imagine how much money you save in hotels, food and many other travel necessities being able to gather everything in this magic vehicle.
Source: Surf Today
15. If you stop to sleep overnight in a van parking, it’ll be so easy for you to meet new friends and people like-minded who enjoy the peace that some days in the road can give you.
16. Maybe you, your family, friends or partners are travelers who don’t like to draw attention in public at all. In this case, a van is the king of discretion, specially when you have to park somewhere full of of people to have lunch, dinner or whatever. An RV, for instance, can be much more noticeable.
To get some ideas of how to transform your van into your new home for traveling, here you have a video inspiration: “Girl builds a campervan: 32 months in 4 minutes”.